Tysons Corner oral surgeons diagnose and treat defects, diseases and injuries of the teeth, gums, jaw and face. The dentists at Avanti Dentistry deal with these problems daily, bringing their advanced training and skill to patients needing tooth extractions, reconstructive surgery and advanced prosthodontics, periodontics and orthodontics.
Tysons Corner oral and maxillofacial surgeons handle the most complex dental services such as wisdom teeth extractions, placing dentalimplants, correcting cleft lip and palate, bite issues, skeletal irregularities, facial trauma to bone and soft tissues, oral cancer, obstructive sleep apnea and TMJ dysfunction. Patients deserve the best credentials, skills and chairside manner when facing surgery. How should they choose an oral surgeon?
An individual should consider several factors when choosing an oral surgeon for an complicated oral or facial procedure.
1. Credentials. Does the dentist have proper state licensing and accreditation with the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery? He or she should be a graduate of an accredited dental school and have completed a 4-year surgical residency.
2. Experience. Inquire about the particular procedure you need. How many of these surgeries has the dentist performed? How many years has he or she been in practice?
3. Awards and recognition. What good things do the dentist’s patients and peers say about him or her?
4. Patient teaching. All dentists–oral surgeons or not–should have a passion for informing their patients on ways to have good dental health for a lifetime.
5. What is the treatment plan? You, your dentist and your oral surgeon must agree on the details of your procedure, and you should be fully informed on the what the surgery will accomplish, anesthesia, costs, and recovery.
6. Referral. Your dentist, or even a friend or co-worker, can recommend a competent oral surgeon. As with major decision, however, do some online research of your own.
7. What is the office environment and staff like? You need to be as relaxed as possible when you have any kind of surgery. The best oral surgeons have offices that are cheerful and at ease, with modern equipment and amenities such as music and TV. The staff should be extremely attentive to your needs and experienced in assisting the oral surgeon in many kinds of procedures. Ask for an office tour, and talk with the staff. They should be open to answer all of your questions.
Orthodontics, periodontology (gum disease treatment), implantology (dental implants), anesthesiology, endodontics (root canal therapy) and other specialties are all in one place at Avanti Dentistry in Tysons Corner, VA. The staff of highly trained dentists includes:
l Farshad Farhoumand DDS
l Ignacio Blasi Jr. DDS
l Bita Amanda Farhoumand DDS
l Kathy Le DDS
l Ali R. Elyassi DDS
l Fotini Chrisopoulos DDS
Whether you need a root canal, wisdom tooth removal, complex orthodontics or other very advanced dental services, including anesthesia, count on the doctors at Avanti Dentist to execute your procedure with precision and a compassionate touch. Contacttheofficefor a consultation on your special problem. Ask about a freesecondopinion consultation.