If you have developed an area of tooth decay or even sustained tooth damage over time, that tooth can become painful and even infected. Before things get any worse, call Avanti Dentistry at (703) 952-0663. Our dentists, Dr. Farshad Farhoumand and associates, will be happy to see you for a visit for a composite dental filling in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
Here at Avanti Dentistry, we have chosen to use composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings to repair and restore your teeth. Composite fillings have many advantages over amalgam fillings, including:
- A more aesthetic final result
- The use of a filling material that bonds to your tooth and provides more support for the tooth
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Better insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, leading to an increased resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to repair cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Repairs or replacements that can be completed without removing the filling from the tooth
- A safer and healthier treatment, as no mercury or other metals are used
- A treatment that promotes better long-term oral health
When you receive a composite filling, our dentists will carefully select a shade of filling material that matches your natural tooth color. Your damaged tooth will then be thoroughly cleaned and any damaged tissue removed before the filling is placed. We will then cure, or harden, the filling and polish it to complete your treatment. You should be able to receive your filling in just one appointment.
If you have any questions about composite dental fillings or would like to schedule an appointment with our dentists, give us a call today!